Translation memory and glossary
- A translation memory is a database of original texts and their translations.
- We automatically create and manage a translation memory for each client free of charge.
- This ensures that our translations remain consistent over time, even when different translators are involved.
- Ensures the efficient use of previously translated texts.
- Brings considerable discounts for repeated texts.
- Translations can be delivered within significantly tighter deadlines.
- In combination with a translation memory, the use of a glossary leads to uniform terminology in all translations.
- We automatically create and manage glossaries for each client
free of charge.
- Allows for the determination of which terms are recommended and which terms should be avoided.
- Higher quality translations at no extra cost.
- Saves time.
- Glossaries help businesses to map their essential internal terminology (product names, job titles, etc.).
The use of a translation memory and glossary guarantees:
- Significant discounts on repeated content. Repeated text is only translated once.
- Consistent terminology. We liaise with our clients to define their preferred and forbidden terminology.
- When translating large documents with short delivery times, several translators share translation memories and glossaries in real time.